Carl Icahn spoke with Bloomberg Television anchor Stephanie Ruhle from the Robin Hood Investors Conference in New York today.
Icahn commented on EBay, saying "they got a jewel in PayPal. It's a jewel. It controls the online merchants. Not controls them, they get along and they have a great thing going with the two of them. That can't last forever and now somebody would love to buy them I would believe. And this is what they should be exploring. They waited too long to do the spinoff. Great thing to do and they should keep moving on that, but they should also explore a sale."
On Warren Buffett, Icahn said: "I think he's way too easy on some of these companies...I think that we have a major trouble in this country because many, many, many too many of our companies are badly run. Run by mediocre CEOs and should be made accountable...I think Warren Buffett should do more of this, yes."
Highlights from the interview are below. Full interview transcript available upon request.
Headlines from the interview:
- Carl Icahn Reiterates He Sees High-Yield Market As A Bubble
- Icahn Says No-Brainer High-Yield A Bubble,Won't Predict Timing
- Icahn Reiterates He Thinks Apple Ceo Tim Cook Great Ceo
- Icahn Says Ebay Ceo Donahoe Wants To Enhance Value, Made Errors
- Icahn Likens Ebay To His Past Campaign At Motorola
- Icahn Reiterates Ebay Should Explore Outright Paypal Sale Now
- Carl Icahn Reiterates Criticisms Of Dell, Andreessen
- Carl Icahn Says Warren Buffett Sometimes Too Easy On Companies
- Carl Icahn Says Buffett Should Do More On Corporate Governance
- Carl Icahn Says `Hope We Can Help' Hertz After Joining Board
- Carl Icahn Reiterates Never Sold A Share Of Herbalife
- Icahn Says Western Europe Problematic
- Icahn Says Energy Stocks Getting To A Point Where Very Cheap
- Icahn Says Oil Prices Can't Stay Down Forever
Warren Buffett Way Too Easy on Some Companies:
EBay Should Explore Outright Sale of PayPal
`No-Brainer' High-Yield Market Is in a Bubble:
Markets Better Than 2008, Still May `Break':