Oilprice.com Subscription Service Terms & Conditions
All investments involve financial risks. There is no guarantee that using any of the information provided on the Website and by the Service will be successful, there is a risk that using any such information will lead to financial loss.
The value and income of any of the investments and financial products mentioned on the Website can see dramatic falls in addition to any rises. Extreme caution should be applied when investing and the User should seek independent financial advice before making any investment decisions.
By subscribing to the Service you enter into a binding contract with us on the following terms and conditions:
Not A Financial Advice Website
1. The Website and the Service is provided purely for non-commercial, informational purposes. By entering into this contract you acknowledge that no client-financial advisor relationship exists, and additionally no duty of care exists.
2. The content of the Website and the Service is provided for informational purposes only, and must not be used as the basis of any financial decision. Further to this you acknowledge the inherent risks involved with investment and purchasing financial products, and warrant that you will not make any financial decision(s) regarding any investments or products mentioned on the Website or through the Service based on any of the information provided by the Website. Any financial decision(s) you make are done at your own risk without any liability on our part whatsoever. Financial decision(s) includes, but is not limited to, taking any action or omission in relation to any of the information or opinions provided by the Website.
3. The Website does not provide, and does not hold itself out as providing financial advice of any kind. The information contained in the content of the Website and by the Service is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user of the Website or Service, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
4. We will authorize the User to access and interact with the Website subject to these terms and conditions.
- exercise reasonable care in compiling the information on our site;
- use reasonable efforts to make our site available to you at all times; and
Exclusions and limitations
5. We do not represent or warrant that access to the Website, or any part of it, will be uninterrupted, reliable or fault-free.
6. We do not represent or warrant to you that the Website or any of its contents will be accurate, complete or reliable.
7. We make no warranties as to the accuracy of any information or opinions provided on the Website or the Service, and you agree not to bring any claim in respect of loss suffered by you as a result of making any financial decision based on such information.
8. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability (whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise and whether or not due to our negligence) which we may otherwise have to you as a result of:
- any technical, factual, textual or typographical inaccuracies, errors or omissions on or relating to our site or any information on our site;
- the unavailability of our site (or any part of it), goods or services;
- any misrepresentation on or relating to the Website or our service (other than a fraudulent misrepresentation made by us or on our behalf).
9. Our maximum liability to in respect of your use of our site or any services we provide or make available to you through or in relation to our Website will be the amount of any subscription fees paid during the year in which the liability arose. You agree that we shall have no liability for:
- indirect or consequential losses;
- loss of data;
- loss of income or profits;
- loss of savings or anticipated savings;
- damages for loss;
- damage to property.
10. You agree that each of these limitations is reasonable having regard to the nature of the Website and Service and the inherent financial risks and dangers associated with the subject matter of the content provided.
11. None of the exclusions or limitations in this clause shall exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
12. None of the above exclusions shall affect any statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded. However, in such case our obligation, where permitted by law, will be limited to the resupply of our site, good or service to you.
13. If any limitation or provision contained in this limitation of liability section is found to be wholly or partly invalid or unenforceable under any applicable statute or rule of law it shall to that extent be deemed omitted, but the validity of the other limitations or provisions in this section, the remainder of the provision in question and our other terms of business shall not be affected.
Site subscription and charges
14. Your access to the Service is personal to you and non-transferable. By subscribing to the Service, you agree to pay our charges at the rate applicable from time to time and stipulated on the Website.
15. If you fail at any time to pay any subscription charges due in accordance with these terms and conditions we may, in our discretion and without prejudice to our other rights, deny you access to those areas of our Website which are exclusively available to subscribers. We need not provide you with advance notice in such circumstances.
16. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide on the Website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
17. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts, or all of the Website, to users who have registered with us.
18. We do not store credit card information. Nor do we share any customer details with any third parties.
Links to other sites
19. Certain links, including hypertext links, on the Website will take you outside our site. Links are provided for your convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked site, its operator or its content. We are not responsible for the content of any website outside our Website, or any contracts you enter into on any such sites.
Termination of subscription
20. We may terminate your subscription immediately if you are in material breach of any of these terms and conditions and in particular upon any failure by you to pay your subscription charge in accordance with these terms and conditions. Your subscription is fixed for the period stipulated on the Website when you make payment, and may not be cancelled during that period, save as for during any promotional free trial offered for registering for the Service.
21. Any rights that have accrued to either party at the date of termination will remain enforceable after termination.
22. Cancellation Information for our Premium Service: Oil & Energy Insider. We offer subscribers a 30 day Free Trial to this service and if during this period of time you are not satisfied with our offering you can cancel with no questions asked.
Third party rights
23. Where in these terms representations and warranties are made to us and to suppliers of goods and services through our site, you acknowledge and agree that such representations and warranties are intended to grant rights to, and operate for the benefit of, all such suppliers and that each such supplier may rely upon and enforce such representations and warranties against you by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
24. We reserve the right at any time without notice to revise the content of the Website, the Service and these terms and conditions. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be posted on the Website and by continuing to use our site following any such change you will signify that you agree to be bound by the revised terms and conditions of use. No variation may be made to the terms of this contract without the express written agreement of the Website.
25. No tax or duty is currently payable in relation to the Service. We will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the advertised price for the Service makes any relevant taxes payable clear to the User. However, where any tax becomes payable in the future, or any local taxes are payable then the User is required to bear the liability for any such taxes or duty (eg VAT in the United Kingdom) imposed by the Website in addition to the price listed on the Website.
The use of your information
27. All rights in the design, text, graphics and other material on our site and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of us or other third parties. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of our site solely in connection with the acquisition of goods or services through our site. Any other use of materials on our site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and alteration, modification, distribution, or republication) without our prior written permission is strictly prohibited.
28. You hereby grant to us a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable licence to copy, issue copies, communicate to the public, make publicly available (either in whole or in part or in a modified or edited form) any material you upload or post to the Website (whether to a chat room, bulletin board or otherwise). You acknowledge and agree that such material is not uploaded or posted subject to any obligation of confidence.
29. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny users access to the Website or any part of the Website without notice and to decline to provide the Service to any user that is in breach of these terms and conditions of use.
Events beyond our control
30. We shall not be liable to you for any breach of these terms and conditions of use or any failure to provide or delay in providing our services through our site resulting from any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, fire, explosion or accident.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
31. These terms and conditions (and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to them or their formation) shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and, for these purposes, the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English & Welsh courts.
32. We do not store credit card information. Nor do we share any customer details with any third parties.