• 308 days Will The ECB Continue To Hike Rates?
  • 308 days Forbes: Aramco Remains Largest Company In The Middle East
  • 310 days Caltech Scientists Succesfully Beam Back Solar Power From Space
  • 709 days Could Crypto Overtake Traditional Investment?
  • 714 days Americans Still Quitting Jobs At Record Pace
  • 716 days FinTech Startups Tapping VC Money for ‘Immigrant Banking’
  • 719 days Is The Dollar Too Strong?
  • 720 days Big Tech Disappoints Investors on Earnings Calls
  • 720 days Fear And Celebration On Twitter as Musk Takes The Reins
  • 722 days China Is Quietly Trying To Distance Itself From Russia
  • 722 days Tech and Internet Giants’ Earnings In Focus After Netflix’s Stinker
  • 726 days Crypto Investors Won Big In 2021
  • 727 days The ‘Metaverse’ Economy Could be Worth $13 Trillion By 2030
  • 727 days Food Prices Are Skyrocketing As Putin’s War Persists
  • 730 days Pentagon Resignations Illustrate Our ‘Commercial’ Defense Dilemma
  • 730 days US Banks Shrug off Nearly $15 Billion In Russian Write-Offs
  • 733 days Cannabis Stocks in Holding Pattern Despite Positive Momentum
  • 734 days Is Musk A Bastion Of Free Speech Or Will His Absolutist Stance Backfire?
  • 734 days Two ETFs That Could Hedge Against Extreme Market Volatility
  • 736 days Are NFTs About To Take Over Gaming?
  1. Home
  2. Markets
  3. Other

0.2pt Too Low...

Yesterday, after the first 2 hours of trading, we were expecting a pullback in the market, and we decided to buy it. We placed a buy order at 1320 (as reported on our site). Later in the day, the SPX started its pullback, but it made a bottom at 1320.20 (and we were at 1320). Then the market surged and we missed the rally...

Few minutes later, the SPX hit 1333.68 and reversed.

We opened half of a short position at 1326.39.

For those of you willing to track our intraday move, you can visit our site during the day (we post all our transactions in real time) our subscribe to our Twitter account (free) in order to get real time update of our move.

Why did we open 1/2 short position?

As explained earlier in the week, we consider that the market is actually in an 'abc' counter trend move. Yesterday, the 1333.69 level was the minimal level required for 'c' in order to print a double top.

We continue to believe that the 1350-1360 area is achievable but with the Greek election on Sunday, we don't want to be out of the market if we get a sell off on Monday.

Half of a short position is enough for the time being: if the market surges, we will be able to sell the second half, if we have a sell off, we will be in.

Looking at our indicators, we can notice that the Sigma Trend Index (STI) moved from '0' to '6'. The Trend Level(TL), Swing and the Power Level (PL) remained at '3' (neutral):

Sigma Table

The Breadth Index (red line) continued to improve:

Market Breadth


We consider that the market is close to an important top and we fear that the decline from this top will be very aggressive. In this context, we decided to open 1/2 short position yesterday, even if we thought that the top of this rebound would be around 1350-1360. We don't want to miss the next decline.

Current position: 1/2 short @ 1326.39

Have a nice day,


Back to homepage

Leave a comment

Leave a comment